Monday 5 March 2012

Sana Safinaz Lawn Becoming the Most Awaited of the Season


 As the days to the Summer 2012 Sana Safinaz Lawn release narrow pre-orders are stacking up and woman are getting ready to stock up. This preview has me gushing the outfits are amazing as ever, I especially love the blue sari, Their ad campaign has a lot more thought involved this year as well, I especially love the models kundan earrings, they have me swooning. The suits look like anything but lawn; opulent, elegant, and modern. It occurs to me that as I sit here writing about lawn and these beautiful bright clothes for Spring/Summer 2012 there is a blizzard covering the town in snow. Oh how I wish I was in Pakistan, where it actually feels like summer, here in Canada it seems like we will never see the end of snow.
Catch me as I fall! I need this sari!!!
I see beaded sleeves are catching on, especially after Sharmeen's Oscar outfit. Regardless this suit looks so opulent I would have never guessed it was lawn.

 Heres some more from the HSY summer 2012 Lawn collection, I think me and A are due for one of the matching mens and woman lawn suits. I am still wishing HSY would have used brighter colours, kind of makes me miss his lawn from last year.







2 comments:

  1. I see a lot of indifference in your write up regarding Sana & Safinaz's ad campaign this year. But that can also be overlooked by many. Not only is the first image a rip off from a Vogue India photoshoot, where the impoverished were used as models holding luxury brands but also it is highly tasteless. The first image implies nothing positive, no matter which angel you choose to refer it from.
    The bag's price tag is worth more than the man's entire life's earnings and I don't see how that image fits in advertising a lawn suit. It's highly distasteful for a brand as big as Sana and Safinaz to be so ignorant and not understand the importance of NOT creating such an evident divide between the rich and the poor.
    These lines from an article regarding the Vogue controversy wrap it up
    "There are ethics that extend beyond the prerogative of a high profile shoot, certain things that one simply does not do – impoverished citizens, making $1.25 a day, are not the same as struggling models paying their dues, people."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am really sorry for offending anyone. The angle I had taken with the borrowed idea in the picture is that it reminded me of Pakistan and travelling by train. It brought back nostalgic memories of arriving for the first time in Lahore. I guess I really had not looked at it in the manner of a clear class conflict and social inequality in Pakistan. It really is sad to see the stark social difference which is inhibiting countries like India and Pakistan from progressing. This image does show how much work we still have in front of us, in abolishing a huge gap between the rich and the poor and in ridding poverty. I will definitely retract my statement of saying I like the Khulli's presence in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete